Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Monday, August 4, 2008

Crew Extravaganza

I attended a Crew Extravaganza on Saturday. It was fun.

They had us moving around in little "break out" groups to listen to some crew captains talk about fund raising, safety, tents, hydration...

There was a raffle. I didn't win.

There were prizes given out for correct quiz answers. I didn't win.

I did score a tent mate though! I've conned Mary into tenting with me. Last year she had her husband pick her up each night of the walk so she could sleep at home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she does it again. She'd be a great tent mate but being alone would Rock!
This is the name tag I wore. I'm showing you this because of the stickers.

The blue sticker was for a personality quiz we all took. I was a blue. Most people at the extravaganza were blue. There was also orange, gold and green. Gold was my next color... almost the same score as blue. Click on the link up there and you can take the quiz too.

The hearts show how my life was affected by breast cancer.
You could have picked from parent, spouse, grandparent, other family member, friend, survivor and child.
I chose other family member (my Dad's cousin Darlene) and friend (just lots of people I know).
The organizers had us all stand when our sticker was called out so we could look around the room and get a feel for why everyone we there.
The survivors... huge loud clapping.

This extravaganza helped to get me excited about the walk!

Oh and I have a ride to and from the walk too! Thanks for setting it up Maria! Thanks for the ride Mary!




1 comment:

Clare said...

I'm a green!