Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And We're Off!

Time to start up my 3 Day blog again.
This year the 3 Day will be taking place in the Twin Cities from Sept. 19th to the 21st.
I've sent out my first fundraising e-mail.
I technically don't have to raise money because this year I will be a crew member but really.... the whole point is to raise money for breast cancer research. Does it matter if I walk or not. We just need to raise money!!
We just NEED to find a cure for breast cancer. All cancer!

I still plan on going to some of the training walks and I will be volunteering at the 3 Day Expo so look for those posts soon! This year my last post will be a run down of my crew experience. You got to see the 3 Day from the eyes of a walker and now a crew member... maybe it will get you motivated to sign up next year!!

Here is the letter I sent out. Kinda explains it all.

Hey!
Another year another 3 Day!!

The Breast Cancer 3 Day...
It's a 60-mile walk over three days to raise money for breast cancer. The net proceeds will support the combined efforts of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust (NPT) Breast Cancer Fund in their mission to fund access to care and find a cure for breast cancer. This year, according to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, more than 200,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer. About 40,000 will die from the disease. That's why I'm doing this - to do something bold about breast cancer.

That pesky breast cancer just won't go away! This year I'm going to try something different.
Crew!
Being a part of the crew team means that I will be supporting the more than 2,000 60 mile 3 Day walkers. I'm not sure yet what my job this year will be but I asked to be put on the lunch crew or the sweep vans (the people who pick up injured or wiped out walkers along the route). Cross your fingers for lunch!

The reason I am crewing this year and not walking is because I would like to spend more time this summer with Joe and Alex. A lot of my time last year was spent doing training walks and I missed out on a lot of Alex's summer days.
Crewing still requires a little fund raising and instead of being at the actual walk for 3 days I will be there for 4! The Thursday before we have a training day.
Follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage. If you are worried about the 3 Day people contacting you, just click the appropriate box when donating. ; )
Oh and this is tax deductible so be sure to print out the confirmation e-mail for next years taxes!

I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting my fundraising efforts. Thank you in advance for your generosity!


P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program!

No comments: