Today I volunteered at the Breast Cancer 3 Day Expo. The lady that was the Captain of my station was pretty know-it-all and I've-done-this-101-times-so-I-rock-and-you-don't. I and another girl from my station kept mocking her behind her back. That made for an entertaining day. When I act like this I kinda hope the whole karma thing is bunk.
We got to the expo at 8:15 to set up. Tables, signs, balloons and putting chairs in the classrooms where the workshops would be held.
After setting up my main job was to assist walkers and family with posters and letters.
We had a table set up where people can write letters to loved ones who were walking or crewing. There are mailboxes at camp where the mail is delivered. Last year I got a few letters that made me just cry. It was so nice to come back to my tent after one of the hardest days of my life to find so much love in those little envelopes.
The other table I was working at was for making posters. You could make one that would be posted along the walking route during the 3 Day. I made a team poster last year but never did see it??? This year I made a few for friends.
Some of my teammates from the Hawaiian Ohanas, were working today too. You might remember Scottie Bananas from last year.
And our "fearless leader" Maria with Bobbie. They were answering 3 Day questions.
This here is the ultimate in porta-potties. It truly is portable.
(Don't worry it's a piggy bank.... I want it. Bad.)
No comments:
Post a Comment