As long as I'm walking I may as well enjoy the weight I may lose!
I found a web site that tells you how many calories you burn walking.
I'm guessing that I walk 3 m.p.h and doing that for an hour means I would burn 188.99 calories. Considering I just ate out at TGIFridays with my Mom... I need to walk more miles!!
Here is the website if you want to check it out
http://www.prevention.com/walkingcalc/1,,s1-2-92-239-1157-1,00.html
This was interesting and a bit sad...
What I would have to walk if I wanted to eat the fun stuff...
*1 Glazed doughnut hole 0.5miles
40 calories (That's just the hole!! Empty! You can't even smell a dang doughnut!! LOL)
*can of soda (12oz) 1.7 miles
140 calories
*2 chocolate peanut butter cups 2.8 miles
230 calories
*slice of pizza 3.3 miles
272 calories
*slice of cheesecake 4.6 miles
380 calories
*2 hot dogs 7.2 miles
600 calories
*hot fudge sundae 9 miles
(3 scoops of ice cream)
750 calories
*movie theater popcorn 11 miles
(medium, with butter)
910 calories
*double cheeseburger and large fries 16.7 miles
1,390 calories
~ Taken from the June 2007 issue of Parenting magazine
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment