It was a beautiful walk along the river and after we all met at Minnehaha Academy. Some sponsors were there giving out water and ice cream bars. After everyone was in from the walk they had us all gather in a "holding pen" and make a grand entrance into the school gym for the expo.
There was a drawing with items donated from sponsors and 3 Day apparel. I am usually not the person who wins drawings but today I won a 4 class certificate to The Yoga Center of Minneapolis. Pretty cool! When my name was announced a few of my friends who didn't know I was walking found me.
In the gym they had displays set up for what to pack and how to set up your tents. There were a couple of places where you could write yourself an inspirational letter that volunteers would pass out during the 3 Day walk. I made my team a big poster that they will display along the route. There were also workshops in different rooms covering things like what to pack for the 3 Day and how to care for your feet. I had a hard time hearing what the speaker was saying in the main room and that was pretty frustrating because I wanted to hear "Taking Care of Your Tootsies". I met a lady today that has walked the Breast Cancer 3 Day 4 times and the Avon walk (20miles??) 2 times! She was really nice and had some great advice. These training walks have been the best for me. Very informative and motivating.




No comments:
Post a Comment