This weekend I walked 14 and 10 miles!! Blisters? Yup!
Bummer....
I walked around the Chain of Lakes with the Hawaiian Ohana's on Saturday. One of my team members, Melanie, walked with us. We went once around Calhoun and Harriet... stopped for lunch and went around again. I didn't get any new blisters this first day but had to take extra care of the 3 I already had.
On Sunday I walked with the H.O's again, this time around the trails of Bunker Hills. This is a very safe park....
I really didn't feel like anyone would mess with us here. My blisters grew and I even got a new one on my heel. *sad face* Stopping at McDonald's for a hash brown was a plus!
I really didn't feel like anyone would mess with us here. My blisters grew and I even got a new one on my heel. *sad face* Stopping at McDonald's for a hash brown was a plus!I met some more women today. Bette and Bobbie. I think going on these training walks will make the actual 3 Day easier for so many reasons... making friends that I can walk and talk with on the 3 Day and learning where to protect my feet once these blasted blisters heal up!
I may take the week off of walking so I can heal up. I walked last Thursday after I said I wouldn't and they all just puffed right back up. Walking and sleeping are kinda tough. I don't want the blankets to rub on the blisters so I have to sleep with my feet all contorted.... crazy but I'm kinda glad they are here!! Proof of how hard I'm trying : )




No comments:
Post a Comment